Monday 10 September 2012

African Flower Chain: Link 16

From Bloemfontein we headed east towards the Lesotho border. At Ladybrand we turned north and followed the road hugging the mountains.


The eastern Free State has always been one of my favourite places.  The colours of the veld, the soil and the sky can not be recreated anywhere else.  The sandstone mountains and the cherry blossoms only adds to the magic.


We reached the small town of Clarens in the late afternoon.  I have spent many weekends in Clarens as a student and thought I knew what to expect.  I was wrong. The town has grown quite a lot since I was a student (many moons ago). Fortunately it has not lost any of it's charm.


I chose an orange flower for Clarens. To match the colours of the mountains.  


It is attached to a lamp post in the Windmill Centre, in front of the Blou Donki Art Gallery.

No comments: