Tuesday 8 June 2010

Soccerball Progress (not!) 3

Remember last time I said things like "only 15 to go" and "finish before the start of the World Cup"? Well, it ain't gonna happen...
I went to the yarn shop last week to buy one more ball of each colour and... they ran out of the variegated colours! And apparently they don't plan to order more any time soon, so I had to improvise.



I bought one of each of the main colours from every variegated yarn and went home to redesign my pattern.



After some deliberation I changed a few of the swirls from variegated to solid colours. I had to do it in such a way that the colours are evenly spread around the ball. It meant I had to undo some (most) of the finished hexagons to change one colour to a solid. It also meant that each hexagon now has to be individually labelled because every one has a very specific place in the bigger scheme of things.



So, the Good News is: It will look better this way - more depth in the colours
but the Bad News is: It won't be finished before kick-off on Friday...



No comments: