Thursday, 3 June 2010

African Flower

During my past week's blog browsing I came across a picture of an African Flower crochet hexagon. I have never seen it before and had to try it.

This is what it looks like, following the pattern. I then decided to make a few changes and the second one looks like this:

I changed the dc's in the centre to sc'c to keep it more compact. I also made the centre a different colour to make it look more like a flower. I really like the first green row of sc's - it frames the flower nicely.

I have a few things in progress at the moment which I have to finish first, but I can see a new blanket brewing... (as if I need it)

Apparently there is a whole Flickr group dedicated to African Flowers, so if you have access to Flickr, check it out.

1 comment:

Fleurette said...

Beautiful, love the colours!