Tuesday 8 June 2010

Du-bye...again

It is this time of year again... the time when expats move on to new and greener (and cooler) pastures. One more set of friends whom we came to love over the past few years are moving on... This time back to South Africa.



I am pretty sure they don't read this blog (Jan, if you do, just pretend you don't until the end of the month ;-] ) so I am going to show you their farewell gift in progress...



I made a collage of the different things they experienced and enjoyed while living here. He is a licenced pilot and they loved camping and fishing amongst other things.

It is the first time I am using a wash-away stabilizer and so far I am very impressed with it. It is far easier to draw on the stabilizer than directly onto the fabric. It also helps with keeping the stitches even. Let's hope I am still impressed after I washed it away...

I have three more weeks to work on this and quite a few more experiences to capture, so let me get on with it...

No comments: