Wednesday 8 July 2009

Colour inspiration

Summer in Dubai is dreary and dull. Unlike just about everywhere else on the planet, this is not the season to be outside. It is 40+C (104+ F) degrees outside, so inside (near the AC) is the place to be. Feeling a bit depressed by the bleak landscape and the heat, I decided to find something inspiring and colourful in my stash of craft goodies.

I don't usually buy fat quarters of other pieces of fabric without a specific project in mind, but this year I fell for the temptation of the fabric sales. (Must be the heat...) I still don't know what I am going to make with all of these, but in the meantime I will just enjoy planning all sorts of projects...








Here are some more colour inspiration from my floss boxes:

I wind the floss around paint swatch cards collected from the hardware store. It adds a bit more colour (and it's free.)


These are still waiting for my next trip to the hardware store...


And while we are on the colour theme, here is a sneak peek at a work in progress:






And another WIP:

I hope you enjoy your summer, wherever you are!









1 comment:

Andrea said...

Lovely Fabrics! you have a nice blog!
Andrea