Tuesday 12 June 2012

Checking in while Sorting out

Just to proof that I am not doing nothing...  
Just because I am not creating doesn't mean I'm not keeping my hands busy!


In preparation for the big move I'm sorting through the whole house. 
Purging, filing, cleaning, and all such constructive things. The moving company will do the actual packing but we have to sort everything and make sure they only pack the things we really want to (and are allowed to) take to Australia.


Lots of magazines staying behind.  I know this is really sad, but I've decided to go digital from now on.  Much kinder on the trees. And the storage space.


You can't pack candles, did you know?  They melt and make a big mess in the box.

My biggest achievement so far was to reduce a huge, and I mean really huge, pile of school books, artworks, reports, photos, etc into a neat filing system. I kept everything but without any system.  If it wasn't for Pinterest, I wouldn't even have known that it was possible to have a system.  Now I have a file per child per school year, each containing that year's photos, reports,  awards and samples of their art and written work. 
Really cool, if I say so myself.

The next challenge is my work space. Desk, sewing station and fabric stash. 
This is going to be a biggie...

1 comment:

Stel said...

Aah, hoe ken ek nie so inpakkery nie! Sterkte, geduld en wat nog. Wys ons 'n foto van jou filing syste....ek het altyd so iets in my kop (my sus se die intensie is altyd daar), maar die realiteit...laaie en hope papiere. Dan praat ek nie eens van die tydskrifte nie.