Thursday 22 March 2012

Marilyn Monroe quilt

She's done at last!


This is her in the shop window at Craft Land.  
She measures 2m x 2m, is made of fabric and chocolate wrappers and will go on auction Friday 30 March 2012. 
Craft Land is my generous sponsor.

She was made for the Chocol'Art Charity Event.  The theme is Chocolate at the Movies.

I am very proud of this quilt.  It is the first item I made which will be for sale.  It is fitting that the money will go to charity.  (The beneficiary of this event is the Make-a-Wish Foundation.)

Although the quilt is based on the Andy Warhol painting of Marilyn, everything about this quilt is my own work.   Own pattern, own fabric (and chocolate wrapper) choices, own cutting,stitching and hand quilting. I even ate most of the chocolates myself! :-)

We are leaving for a well deserved family holiday in Australia on Friday. 
I have a beautiful Australian guest post lined up for later this week. 
So until we meet again in about 3 week's time... have fun!

No comments: