Tuesday 22 November 2011

Dubai in Pictures 21

Facebook is one of those great inventions which makes me wonder how we ever lived without it.  And I don't mean playing Farmville (I can't stand FB games).  I mean finding people you haven't seen for years.

I had coffee this morning with someone I went to primary school with.  We last saw each other 32 years ago. We found each other on Facebook yesterday, realized we both live in Dubai, and we met at the Dubai Mall this morning for a catch-up.  It was really special.


While we sat there enjoying the perfect weather after the hectic summer, we saw this team of window washers halfway up the Burj Khalifa.


Imagine it was your job to hang on the outside of the tallest building in the world everyday...


I would much rather sit at the bottom with a cappuccino and enjoy the views. Like this reflection in the building across the lake from the Burj.

No comments: