Stash-buster No 1 is done.
It was a bit of a trial blazer, as I tried out a few ideas, but I think it turned out okay.
I didn't do a lot of planning for this one, I just cut a pile of blocks and started working.
The triangles were cut years ago and ended up back in the stash box unused, so I started with those and just added more blocks to make up a small single blanket.
It was the first time I tried machine-quilting.
I like hand-quilting more, but I just don't have the time to work my way through all the stash by hand.
I am very impressed with my very basic bottom-of-the-range Brother sewing machine - I think it did a great job.
I used a variegated quilt-thread, which I like a lot - I think I'll stick with that for the following quilts too.
(Look how nicely the afternoon sun shines on my work space...)
I have already pieced the tops of the next two quilts, but I think I will change the quilting slightly.
On this one I quilted around every block. It took forever and it involved a lot of turning the whole blanket around while in the machine. Not the perfect situation with my machine. Oh, and working away the loose ends! On the next one I will only do straight lines...
The back of the quilt is from IKEA. I bought a whole roll a few years ago to use as table cloths for a party. I am still trying work it all away... I think I have enough to back ALL the stash-buster quilts I still plan to make.