After I finished the blankets, I was left with these knitted triangles from the original blanket. I thought I would use it to make a cushion cover or something similar, but as usual plans changed along the way...
I ended up with a string of knitted bunting instead.
I used slip stitches to attach the triangles and chain stitches in between. I followed this with two rows of single crochet stitches.
Here you can see the 'front' and 'back' of the string.
I had this ball of variegated turquois yarn for a while, but it never really spoke to me. It just sat there in the stash. And then suddenly last week it had something to say... (such fickle things, yarn)