Friday 19 October 2012

Flower Feedback: Franschoek 3 & 4

It seems like they all come in pairs!  Here are another two from Franschoek:

First up is Amanda Hamman:


During October 2012 I've taken my husband, Dani, to the Western Cape for his 41st birthday because he haven''t been to that part before. He was bowled over by what he saw and experienced. He would definitely go back. We went to visit the Hugenote monument in Franschoek where we saw this flower and took the picture. We are from Lydenburg in Mpumalanga. I'm a teacher at the Primary school and my husband is a farmer.



Hi - my name is Susie and I'm from North Yorkshire in the UK. I was visiting South Africa in September with my husband when we stumbled across your lovely flower at the Hugenot monument in Franschoek.
After being on safari in Botswana the previous week, and paying a brief visit  to Victoria Falls in Zambia, we spent a fabulous few days exploring this region. The monument was a quiet peaceful place and flowers were coming into bloom all around on the pleasant Spring day we visited. We also travelled along the coast to Hermanus and were blessed with the sight of whales joyfully playing in the surf nearby. We had a great trip - our first to south Africa - and will definitely be back one day as I left a little piece of my heart here.
 
Peace and Love...

Thank you to both of you!  Isn't it great that people from different sides of the world can find peace and beauty in the same place.


No comments: