Friday 24 April 2009

Babette blanket

My grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was a young girl. In those days I made dresses and blankets for my dolls. That was years ago and I haven't touched a crochet hook since. In the mean time I admired all the crochet projects that Alice made on her blog Futuregirl and when I became pregnant with my daughter at the end of 2007 I decided it was the perfect excuse to start crocheting again. I browsed around the internet for a while looking for a nice blanket and then came across this wonderful creation.The colours was 'n bit wild for me for a first project so I toned it down to suit a baby girl. I also decided to only use one colour per block to cut down on all the loose ends. This is how I designed my own Babette's blanket.As you can see, I made a few changes as I progressed. As this was my first project I wasn't sure how much yarn to get of each colour, so as I ran out of some colours I made more of other colours and adjusted the layout accordingly. My main aim was not to get two of the same colour blocks next to each other. Here are a few images of the finished product:

1 comment:

futuregirl said...

Great blanket! Perfect for a cute baby girl like your own. :) That's a pretty ambitious project for jumping back into crochet. Great job!

(p.s. I'll be answering your emails soon)