Monday 29 June 2009

Saying goodbye

There are many wonderful reasons why Dubai is a great place to live. All year sunshine is one of the better ones. But unfortunately living in an expat community also has its drawbacks. The saddest one is always having to say goodbye to friends. No expat stays in Dubai for ever, and this time of year when the school year ends is usually the time when people move on.


I had to say goodbye to a friend and her family who are moving back to their hometown, London, after 3 years in Dubai. Our sons were very good friends and it is sad to see them go.

It is always difficult to decide on an appropriate farewell gift. After all, how do you say "thank you for your friendship and may God bless you" with an object?

In the end I decided to make something for them. I hope that the time and effort and love I have put into it will somehow show how much their friendship meant to me and my son.

Ebi, Rozie, Matin and Ramtin, may your life in London be filled with God's blessings and grace. Go well, my friends.

No comments: